Excellent Road Safety (Green Cross Code) Workshop for our young learners-Keeping Safe!
Our Young Learners were introduced to aspects of Road Safety and how to keep safe. Children got to experience how to cross the road in a safe manner with the aid of the staff.
This first hand experience allowed children to help understand knowing the Green Cross Code and how to use it properly.
– Find a safe place to cross
– stand on the pavement near the kerb
– look all round for traffic and listen
– if traffic is coming – let it pass then look all round again
– when there is no traffic near, walk straight across the road
– keep looking and listening for traffic while you cross
Road Safety tips were shared and discussed. The children then got the opportunity to cut out some road safety pictures and place the steps in the correct order to help understand the Green Cross Code.